Spring is right around the corner…Farmers will be heading out to fields to get them ready to plant their crops
Wisconsin roads see increased farm equipment traffic during planting season, so be prepared and keep the following tips in mind.
- Make yourself easy for drivers to see by using your lights and flashers
- Remember that it is a Wisconsin law to use slow moving vehicle emblems on equipment traveling less than 30 mph
- Consider using a following vehicle when moving large equipment on roadways, especially at night.
- When driving on rural roads, expect to see slow-moving farm equipment
- Slow down when encountering slow-moving vehicles
- Be patient and wait for a safe place to pass